Dr. Michael Diamond was born in Brooklyn, NY and received his Bachelor of Science degree in Athletic Training from Brooklyn College in 1984, his Master of Science degree in Exercise Physiology from Western Illinois University in 1985, and his Doctor of Chiropractic degree from New York Chiropractic College in 1990.
Dr. Diamond has practiced Alternative and Complementary health care since 1991 in Patchogue, New York City and the Hamptons. He has worked with diverse patient populations ranging from homeless to billionaires, from laborers to Wall Street executives, from junior to elite athletes and has toured worldwide with music artists and entertainers as their doctor/personal trainer/nutrition counselor/life coach.
He is a Diplomate, Fellow and Board Certified in Integrative Medicine from the American Association of Integrative Medicine, certified as a Holistic Health Counselor from the Institute of Integrative Nutrition and is a graduate of Functional Medicine University.
Since 1979, Dr. Diamond has extensively studied the three fields of holistic health care… physical, chemical and emotional. His interests include… exercise physiology, personal training and injury prevention, optimal nutrition and dietary supplementation, thyroid dysfunction, adrenal gland insufficiency, autoimmune disorders, chronic tick-borne illness, neurotransmitter imbalances, hormone replacement therapy, anti-aging and longevity medicine, the metaphysics of chronic illness and the mindset for radiant health and wellness.
He is a certified ISSA Master Personal Trainer, 1st degree Black Belt in American Jiu Jitsu, certified Muay Thai fitness coach, certified NESTA Core Conditioning Specialist and has been Medical Director for the Empire State Karate Nationals and Ringside Doctor for WPKO Pro/Am Kickboxing.
Dr. Diamond is a member of the Life Extension Foundation, American College of Sports Medicine, American Association of Integrative Medicine, American Chiropractic Association, Autism Society of America, Society for Nutrition Education, the American Diabetes Association and the Obesity Society.
Dr. Diamond’s treatment modalities in Complementary and Alternative health care include:
- using safe, evidence-based chiropractic treatment methods to decrease pain, increase range of motion and improve posture
- teaching patients how to move better through progressive functional movement corrective exercise programs (static stretching, dynamic mobility drills, cardio, strength training)
- rebuilding the body from the cellular level up for those with chronic illnesses
- balancing the important biochemical pathways through the practice of evidence-based holistic care and functional medicine concepts
- developing customized nutrition and weight loss programs to improve body composition (loss of pounds and inches)
- naturally correcting the effects of neurotransmitter (serotonin, dopamine, norepinephrine, epinephrine, GABA, etc.) imbalances which create a cycle of abnormal eating patterns, i.e., binge eating, boredom eating, emotional eating, night eating and mood disorders
- recommending mind-body techniques (prayer, meditation and religious devotion) to observe the alteration of human physiology, brain electrical function and healing ability